22/05/2015

My Fitness Goals + Did I achieve my 2014 Goals?


I can't believe almost nine months ago I shared my fitness goals here on Rinica Writes, so cliche but seriously where do the months go? Today I thought I would review my fitness goals, I wanted to share my progress and also write up some new challenges, that I can hopefully achieve before the end of 2015. I recently won free entry to Spartan Race in a blog competition over on Tasha's blog Elsie Delilah, I'm so grateful and incredibly excited. I'm going to have to step up my training over the next few months - so there's really no better time to write up some new goals! 

2014 Goal - Be able to do the splits
2015 Review -  I think that I was a little over ambiguous with this goal. Building up flexibility is a slow, painful process! However, I have seen some small improvement with my flexibility, I can touch my toes and I can almost place my feet firmly on the ground in down dog. Baby steps. 

New Goal – Yoga, and weekly 20 minute stretch
After a lot of research, and reading this post here by Cat Meffan I've decided that in order to improve my flexibility I'm going to have to dedicate a lot more time to stretching than I currently do. One 20 minute session weekly, and regularly yoga should hopefully improve my flexibility. 

2014 Goal – Run 10k
2015 Review - Done. One that I can tick of the list. The Bupa Training Plans that I've mentioned before are pretty awesome for beginners, or even regular runners who are wanting to up their distance or improve on speed - certainly worth checking out. 

New Goal – Improve my time & successfully complete the Spartan UK race
The current aim is 5k 25 minutes and 10k in under 50 minutes. I'm not too far off with my current times, but with regular speed training I could be there by the end of the year we shall see. The biggest goal for me is to run the Sheffield Half Marathon next year!  

2014 Goal - Beat those post run headaches
2015 Review - Yay, no more headaches. I've found that having a snack such as Greek yogurt and berries or a trek bar before running combined with gel shots midway through running has eliminated those awful post run headaches I used to suffer with. 

New goal – Up the protein & improve my diet
I have been trying to incorporate protein packed meals into my diet, but this is something I really need to work on - my diets not quite there yet! 

2014 Goal - Gain some arm muscle
2015 Review - I guess one might say that I have developed a teeny arm muscle, but if I'm honest there's still a long way to go. 2015 is the year for me to focus on my arms, build my strength and increase the amount of weight exercises I do. 

New goal I'd like to increase my weights from 3kg to 5kg. I am aiming to include three weight training sessions per week. 

2014 Goal - Define waist and improve core strength
Review - Definitely can tick this one off. If you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen my 30 day ab challenge progress pictures here and here. I'm well on my way to a super toned tum, but, there's still a long way to go before I'm rocking some Kayla Itsiness abs!

New goal Continue daily ab workouts. Improve my diet cut out foods that cause a bloaty belly.

I can't wait for you to come on my fitness journey with me!
Do you have any fitness goals? Any tips for improving flexibility? Have you competed in the Spartan races?

P.S Image source this image is free to use/share but I wanted to include a link to Alex Van's page -  he has some beautiful photography! 
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig