20/02/2015

New In My Haircare Basket



Haircare isn't something I write about much on my blog, I've always been happy to visit my local Boots and buy whatever happens to be on offer however, I recently decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and have my hair dyed for Spring/Summer (think Jordan Dunn's colour.) I'm a little apprehensive as I've had some bad experiences with hair dye in the past but I decided that the best thing I can do beforehand is to use quality products that will hopefully have my hair in the best condition it can be before heading to the salon. Today I thought I'd show the new products that have helped improve my hair texture -

Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout - Shiny hair in a bottle! This shampoo is made with beer, which makes me feel like an ultimate hippy chick (groovy) but don't let this put you off this shampoo has a lovely fresh scent which I put down to the lemon juice. This adds serious shine to my hair, has a clarifying effect without leaving my hair feeling stripped. This does have a light lather which surprised me as some natural shampoos don't. Sylvia Stout has made me want to try some more Lush hair care, shampoo bars and conditioner currently on the wishlist.

Garnier Ultimate Blends 1 Minute Treatment - Any hair treatment that has the instruction leave on for 15-30 minutes is an instant no no for me - I haven't got time for that! When a hair product has the words 1 minute I'm all for that so the Garnier treatment was love at first use. This treatment works and works fast, it'll come as no surprise that I'm already a fan of Garnier Ultimate Blends line (over here) but adding this 1 minute treatment into my routine has upped my hair game. If you have fine/thin hair this treatment will be too rich, however for someone like me with thick/curly hair this is perfect. I apply this through the ends of my hair and the texture is transformed this makes my hair more manageable, soft, smooth and frizz free. On the days I don't use this my hair has more tangles, and is a lot harder to manage.

Got2b Styling Oil - Applied to wet hair before styling this protects my hair and helps stop frazzled ends. Unfortunately, this isn't as versatile as my Moroccan Oil (which I'm still trying to find an alternative too) but this does work wonders on wet hair. I can apply a tiny bit through the ends for shiny healthy looking hair, I will say though it's easy to go overboard with this. Thing's can get greasy, quickly, but used sparingly this works really well!

Joico K-Pak Protect & Shine Serum - I'm not sure why I stopped using serums, but I'm happy to have rediscovered them. Hair serums are just so light/weightless in the hair and this Joico one is no exception. I can use this on wet or dry hair for a salon finish. This serum fights frizz, and stops my hair going puffy in the rain, it's just perfect such a versatile product that makes my hair feel super soft and smooth.

Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner - Can you tell I'm having a thing for Joico at the moment? I recently bagged this duo in the Feel Unique January sale, I'll admit the conditioner is so-so but the shampoo is perfect it does a fantastic job of removing product build up without stripping my hair! Coming from someone with a sensitive scalp it can be hard to find shampoos that don't irritate my scalp so it's great to find something that works for me, perfect balance between clarifying/hydrating.

Keracare Liquid Sheen Heat Spray - HG Status. In terms of heat sprays this is by far the best I've ever tried. This heat spray doesn't feel sticky in my hair and doesn't weigh it down. The spray has a mist texture which distributes evenly through my hair. My hair looks sleek, shiny and healthy when I use this. Words can't express my love for this and for £9.95 it's not too bad on the old bank balance either.

What are your favourite haircare products? Have you tried any of the products mentioned?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig