01/01/2015

2014 Beauty Favourites - Drugstore


Happy New Year everyone, hope everyone had a lovely evening.
So here we are it is the final instalment of my yearly favourites, and today we are talking drugstore. This year in my opinion the drugstore really upped their game, with new releases left right and centre there was certainly more excitement surrounding some of my favourite drugstore brands. Slowly the gap between high end and drugstore is levelling out I'll be excited to see what new releases are in store for 2015, but for now here are my 2014 favourites - 

Lip Favourites 

Bourjois Plum Russian - I'll always be a plum girl at heart barely a day goes by where I don't apply Plum Russian. I featured this in my 2013 Top Picks, although the chubby stick is still going strong it won't be long before a repurchase will be on the cards. The glossy, long lasting formula of the Bourjois Colour Boost Chubby stick makes them an absolute essential for me. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks -  We all seemed  a little hot under the collar at Bourjois liquid lipstick release during Summer. I resisted the hype with these for so long, in all honesty I'd never tried a liquid lipstick where I was sold on the formula they always seemed to be hit or miss, Bourjois offering was certainly a hit with me. A matte yet hydrating finish, a long lasting opaque formula - I just love the Bourjois Velvet Lipsticks.

Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Reckless - It's fair to say I've well and truly gotten my pounds worth with this £1 lipstick from Makeup Revolution. For me it's the perfect cross between a berry/plum shade it's a lovely everyday shade and the formula is pretty spot on too, I find myself reaching for this so much as it's just so wearable.

Hair & Body Favourites

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment - Hair growing gimmicks aside this hair mask performs like no other. My hair always feels softer, more manageable and healthy looking when I use this hair mask. It conditions my ends, and when my hair is in dire need of a haircut I find that this mask still makes my hair look in better condition than it actually is. A standout product and one I haven't hesitated to repurchase.

Lush Rub Rub Rub - I'm on my second tub of this blue gooey goodness by Lush. This is a great multi use scrub, for a more abrasive scrub you can apply this to dry skin but for a gentler exfoliation you can apply this to damp skin. My skin always feels so much softer after I use this, and although it's not your most conventional scrub (in terms of texture/smell) I find that this works so well for me.

Face Favourites

Revlon Nearly Naked - Drugstore foundations are a little hit and miss for me, however in 2014 I discovered the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and I found myself reaching for it so much during the summer time. This foundation offers a light to medium coverage and leaves my skin looking natural, fresh and dewy - it's the perfect foundation for Spring/Summer.

Lush Emotional Brilliance - Okay, so not the most convenient of packaging but the fact I still reach for this so much when it's so darn messy must mean it's true love right? This salmon pink powder is designed to be used over foundation to mop up excess oil and prevent that dreaded shine throughout the day. This leaves zero colour on my skin which is great for me as translucent powders usually appear ashy on my skin tone.

S&G One Heck of a Blot - If the Lush packaging just won't work for you, I also wanted to include the S&G One Heck of a Blot powder. This finely milled powder mops up excess shine and is a handbag essential for me during the warmer months. Again there's zero colour payoff so this really is suitable for all skin tones, it doesn't appear ashy/chalky on darker skin tones.

I'd love to know what your favourite 2014 drugstore products were?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig