01/12/2014

#BigBlogmasproject2014 #1 Sheffield Christmas Markets










For day one of the #bigblogmasproject2014 I thought I'd share some recent pictures that I took whilst merrily strolling through the Sheffield Christmas markets. I tell you what street photography is a lot harder than it looks, everything I learnt during my photography college course went out of the window so let's not judge the market on these pictures too much. 

If you haven't guessed already Sheffield is my home town, Sheffield is such a vibrant diverse city that's rich in culture, I feel like there's always something happening with various festivals at different points throughout the year. However, the Christmas markets have to be my favourite. As I work fairly central there's nothing more magical than walking through the city centre at night with all the Christmas lights twinkling the markets look so pretty. The traditional wooden cabins offer a variety of seasonal goodies, many of the cabins also showcase local talent, there are small craft stores and handmade items available. There's also a variety of food stalls from all around the world, the German hot dog stand has to be my fave, as we all know us Sheffielders do love a good sausage! It's worthwhile mentioning that there are lots of food stalls offering a wide variety of foods for vegetarians too so no ones left out. 

As well as stuffing my face with hot dogs you may also find me in the Sleigh Bar. The Sleigh bar is great for post work drinks before heading up to Devonshire Green (a street that has various bars.) With great food, drink and unique Christmas gift ideas the Sheffield markets are certainly worth a visit if you ever find yourself in the area!

The markets are open daily 10am-6pm (8pm on Wednesdays) until Christmas eve. 

Does your city have a Christmas market?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig