31/07/2014

'I Wish I Didn't Buy That' #2


Negative reviews aren't something that comes along very often on my blog. Mainly due to the fact that I research a lot before purchasing, sad in a way as I'm not very spontaneous when it comes to shopping however on a quest to save money this approach to shopping over recent months has worked. However, there's three recent purchases that didn't quite make the cut here's my thought -

Maybelline 'Great Lash' Mascara
So in all honesty I'm not the biggest fan of drugstore mascaras, I've repurchased my Clinique High Impact for almost two years now, but the blogger in me really does want to find a cheaper alternative that does a similar job. The Maybelline Great Lash Mascara seemed promising. The wand on this is smaller to other mascaras I have tried, I do think this is a plus as you can really be precise and get right in there with smaller lashes on the inner and outer corners. However, after one layer I was really disappointed, yes this did make my lashes appear blacker but as for adding any length or volume there was no difference. I layered and layered and I just found this made the mascara messy and clumpy. I also found that this irritated my eyes, and even though it's not waterproof removal was a faff! Even for the price (£4.99) I wouldn't repurchase as it just didn't do anything I would expect from a mascara.

Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang
Oh how I wanted to love you. I reviewed this in full over here. As I briefly mentioned in that post I'm really not a fan of the Apocalips formula. Shame really as this shade is absolutely gorgeous it's a perfect red that just makes my teeth appear whiter. I find the formula smudgy and messy. The doe foot applicator doesn't allow for precise application, I also found that this clings to any dry patches and bleeds really bad throughout the day. When I compare the formula to something like the Bourjois Velvet Matte Lipsticks (I love!) it's just not quite on par. Sorry Rimmel.

Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes - Fuller Fudge
Another product I expected to love, after swatching this in store and falling in love with the wearable bronzey shade I decided to purchase. Here's the thing I don't think I'm sold on the formula. I find that this really drags on my eye lid and again (similar to the mascara) irritates my eyes. I've tried wetting this slightly I've tried smudging this onto a brush but I just can't seem to get this to work for me. I also find that you have to really layer to get any pigment and given that you're rolling this on your eyelids it seems a bit odd to have to layer and layer….

So that's it folks, feels good to have that off my chest. Sorry if this post seems rather negative I personally love reading these types as posts as I think it's useful to hear why something didn't work for someone it's also easy to get sucked into the hype when really one product isn't always going to be loved or work for everyone!

What products have you been disappointed with lately? Have you tried any of the products above?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig