29/07/2014

Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturiser



The other day it occurred to me that this night cream has been a firm favourite in my skin care line up for months now, yet I haven’t shown it any love on blog (I know shock horror!) Today I thought I’d write up a little review of the Clinique Turn around Overnight Radiance Moisturiser (and the prize for longest name goes too…) I feel like I always say this with Clinique reviews but I feel it’s necessary, Clinique are very much a marmite brand from the countless reviews on the web it seems like their products either agree or disagree with different skin types so I would always recommend requesting samples before buying full size (even more so with Clinique!)  As brands go Clinique are one of the better ones where samples are concerned I’ve never known them be stingy.

So a few months ago I reached the desperation stage with my skin (we’ve all been there) I have combination skin sometimes super dry sometimes very oily and I’m prone to a little congestion. At the time I had a lot of congestion (under the skin spots) and I felt like the scarring on my cheeks was getting significantly worse (darker in appearance.) When I went to Clinique they recommended the Dark Spot corrector which I have tried (and didn’t like.) I asked if there was anything else that might help and the lady pointed me in the direction of the Turn Around range. There is a serum, night moisturiser, and mask within the range. Having tried (and loved) the serum in the past I asked for a sample of the night cream to see how it worked with my skin type. After finishing up my sample a full size purchase happened (oopsie!)

This moisturiser is super thick in texture, on application it does feel ever so tacky/sticky on the skin but within a few minutes it’s pretty much absorbed. For a night cream I like to opt for something more moisturising anyway as it keeps my skin hydrated. As this has such a rich texture only a pea sized (or peanut if you’re rocking a coconut shaped head like me) is needed to cover the face, the sample I had lasted me a good three weeks and I used it every night. It’s worthwhile mentioning (as with all Clinique products) this is fragrance free and I didn’t find that this irritated my sensitive skin. This cream has similar ingredients to what you may find in an exfoliating toner. If you’ve ever tried things like Pixi Glow or Clarins Exfoliating toner and found them too harsh for sensitive skin this moisturiser could be an alternative. It’s super gentle on the skin, moisturising but exfoliates over night to promote radiant skin.

This cream was really put to the test recently, after my holiday I was left with flakey peely skin, in particular on my forehead I applied this cream once, in the morning my skin was smooth flake free and super soft. Short term I noticed an improvement with dry patches and the overall texture of my skin (so much softer!) Over 4-6 weeks I began to notice the biggest difference in old scaring on my cheeks. My skin just looks brighter more radiant and my pigmentation seems to appear a lot lighter. It's also worthwhile mentioning that with this moisturiser I noticed the biggest difference with new spots new scaring/pigmentation doesn't seem to happen with this moistuiser. I love how this exfoliates my skin without feeling like it exfoliates my skin (no red irritated skin.)

If you’re after something new, or want to try something different to target scaring/dark marks or prevent future scaring the Clinique Turn around Moisturiser may be worth a shot. I would also recommend this to anyone who suffers from dull/sensitive skin and wants to introduce a chemical exfoliant that’s still gentle on the skin.

Have you tried any of the Turn Around range? What are your favourite products for scaring/dark spots?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig