01/05/2014

Topic 9: Music-My Running Playlist


I love that you can have the most stressful day at work, or be sat on a bus full of screaming children and all you have to do is put your earphones in and you have your escape from the world. Music for me is everything, it's relaxing, soothing, motivating and inspiring. My friend's call me the 'Playlist queen' as I have a crazy amount of playlists on my phone/Ipod, today though I thought I'd focus on the playlist I use for running/exercise. If you follow me on Twitter you'll know how much I love my running and having the right playlist is a must, especially if you're a lone runner like myself.

My music taste is a little weird I like anything from Lorde to Jay'z I really do have the most bizarre taste in music, for running though I like to keep thing's loud, trashy and annoying. Upbeat, repetitive, cheesy lyrics and an awesome beat are what I need to keep me running. My running music is something I would never listen to if I wasn't running as quite frankly it's just noise not the sort of music to relax me after a long day at work. Sadly that slow melodic indie song I love just won't get me moving that butt and pounding the pavements like the following songs do. Here's a snippet of the songs on my playlist-

Tidal Wave- Sub Focus Ft Alpines

Warm up track, perfect for when I'm in that walking, not quite running (but I'm already wanting to go back home) mood. Perfect dance track, and puts me right in the mood for my run.

Step It Up- Richie Sosa

Yup, that song from the Lexus advert. The beat on this gets me motivated. This is the song where the speed picks up. That's right sorry knees/legs it's time to get moving!

Don't You Worry Child

You'll have heard this one on the radio. It just reminds me of summer and although again not my usual style it does make me smile through the pain. Smile and run…smile and run.

Wake me Up-Avicii

Another one you'll have heard on the radio I like to do interval training with this song, slow jog through the slow melodic verses, when the beat kicks in pick up speed. By this point I'm loosing motivation but this song helps me keep the motivation..

Boomerang ft Pitbull

Boooomerangeeee, put your hands up. Sorry if this song doesn't get you moving that little bit faster I seriously don't know what will. Plus sexy beautiful lady are in the lyrics, I like to think that's me once the runs over…reality is I'm more beetroot than Boomerang!

Rihanna-We found love

Because quite frankly I'll never get sick of this song, it still gets me dancing.

Real-Years and Years

After hearing Katie Snooks/Andrew's version on this look book here. It reminded me how much I love this song. Unlike the other song's this is something that made it to my 'bus music' playlist.

For cool down, I opt for Beyonce or Alicia Keys for some feel good slow music.

What's on your exercise playlist? What sort of music do you like? Any songs I should add to my running playlist?
SHARE:

16 comments

Rosie said...

My playlist is always a mixture of Pink, Kelly Clarkson and sassy country singers like Carrie Underwood. I also have Work Bitch on there by Britney because you just can't workout without that song. I always find that's a good warmup song because it gets me in the mood to workout rather than give up and go back to watching TV.

Rosie x www.eatreadglam.com

Anonymous said...

We Found Love is totally my pump up song! Whenever I need to push through that last bit I put it on - addicted. I love Sweet Nothing by Florence/Calvin Harris as well :)

Jasmin Charlotte

Lauren J said...

I love listening to dance music when I'm running, which is so strange because that's so different from what I usually listen to! But it's so upbeat and motivating x

daisy-drops

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, I used to love Pink! All her songs are always really motivating, I just love anything that'll get me motivated when I used to have a gym membership I was always gutted when I forgot my earphones it's just not the same without music! :) X

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, so glad I'm not the only one who still loves this song! It just never gets old for me haha. Florence and the machine? I love them, I love Calvin Harris too basically anything dance wise :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, I thought it was just me! If I look at my normal playlists then my running one they couldn't be any more different! I agree though and you defo need that when you're pushing yourself through a run! :) X

beautylovesbooks said...

I love making playlists too! Not a huge fan of runnig though. I love the new Snooks/Andrew music video.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful playlist ;) I love it!

I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

MITCH said...

thanks for sharing this! I'm adding them to my playlist :D

xx,
felishmichelle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You have some really good songs in here, great for a run

I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, follow the link below to find out more, it's a way to get to know people in the blogging world

http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-liebster-awards.html

Anonymous said...

I listen to loads of sings whilst running, but one of my faves is the hoodie allen album. Wouldn't have thought it was my style, but it's just got such a beat to it which makes it amazing! Xx

Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, me too I love putting playlists together. It's so good their cover of the song is brilliant really inspired me for spring/summer fashion x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the post x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the post :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, and thank you for the nomination sweetie :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, ooooh I haven't heard of that I'm defo going to check it out anything with a decent beat for running is pretty spot on thanks for recommendation :D x

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig