08/05/2014

OOTD- Has the bus come yet?






Big pat on the back for me finally a few outfit pictures where I look less Bob the plumber more me, not that there's anything wrong with Bob the plumber just not really the look I'm going for.

Although this outfit isn't anything spectacular I thought I'd share it with you as I think it's an easy everyday colourful summer look. My T-shirt is from River Island (they have some lovely things in at the moment) it's a great way of taking on the 'colour block' trend with minimal effort required. I love the neon yellow panelling I think the colour really pops against my skin tone. This T-shirt really brightens up what would otherwise be a pretty plain outfit, you could pair this with denim shorts, jeans or even tucked into to a pair of leather shorts. My jeans are New Look. I can't recommend New Look jeans enough, they have varied range of shapes and styles to flatter every figure. Some jeans look baggy in all the wrong places but I find New Look jeans fit really well and really flatter my figure. Most New Look jeans come in under £25 which for the quality, cut and how well they wash is a bargain. So if you're after a new pair of jeans but don't quite want to fork out on the Topshop  jeans (which I also love) check out New Look. The caged sandals are a couple of years old (sssh) they're real leather though and have survived several holidays they still look pretty good to say they've taken one heck of a beating, again these were from New Look. My bag is Zara, I apologise that the pictures don't really do it justice I'm planning on posting a 'what's in my bag' post pretty soon, but I purchased this bag for a cracking price  £25 on Ebay! I expected a bidding war, I prepared myself with a drink and snack at the ready but nope I pretty much won this without any effort on my part at all, the bag was brand new and came in it's original bag and packaging. I can't recommend Ebay enough for finding great clothing at affordable prices.

Bag- Zara Mini City Bag (sold out) 
Tshirt- River Island (sold out- only pink available)
Jeans- New Look 

For make up I kept things pretty natural and simple (as always) I used the 'Dr Brandt no more pores' as my primer followed by NARS sheer glow, NARS Creamy Concealer and the NARS Light reflecting loose powder (lots of NARS!) I used the Clinique high impact mascara, and on my lips is a combination of the Revlon lip butter (blotted down) in 'Berry smoothie' and S&G lip gloss in 'punch bowl.'

Do you like the colour block trend? What are your favourite shops for jeans?
SHARE:

25 comments

Eli Dumas said...

I love your leather jacket, I've been looking for one just like that but haven't been able to find one that fits me well enough, the sleeves are usually too long for me. I haven't purchased anything from River Island but I love their clothing. You look great!

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit, and the idea of taking the pictures in that location was really good, they turned out so well! Xx

Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

Love your leather Jacket!

Taslima | The little things in life

Unknown said...

Ooh i love that top, the mix of brights and more neutral colours is lovely!I like the colour block trend, i wish i suited it haha;p i bought some new look jeans a few months ago, and they're still my favourite. They are so so comfy and was under £10! Comfy jeans at bargain prices? Cant complain :p Love this entire outfit :) x
| Life as a Petite |

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

I love the bright colors of the shirt. =D
xo,
nancy

Linda said...

I love your shirt! The different blocks of colours look so nice.

IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

FASHIONCONTAINER said...

I love anything colour block. This is such a great top!

X Malena
www.Fashioncontainer.com

Unknown said...

I love this outfit! Especially the bag! And your makeup is also really pretty. :)

http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

beautylovesbooks said...

I want to get the mini Zara bag. I have the big one, but I find it too heavy sometimes. Love the outfit!

Unknown said...

Hi Eli, thanks for stopping by, ooh thanks it's from Mango weird time to get a leather jacket but I was looking for one for ages but I always struggle with sizing this one fits perfectly! I'm exactly the same most just look big on no matter what size I get :D. You should check out RI they have so many nice stuff in at the mo and they've got rid of that weird logo sign they used to put on everything :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment :D I know it was my mums idea and I thought she had cracked up when she suggested it but the pictures came out pretty okay :D thanks for stopping by xx

Unknown said...

Thanks Taslima, it fits so well…it's from MANGO :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment sweetie, I was exactly the same I just found myself putting unnecessary stuff in my big Zara bag it was killing off my shoulder! The smaller one is perfect though and still super roomy :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by :D me too, I'm slowly easing myself into brighter colours :D I can't wait for summer x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, I'm loving my bag so glad I managed to snap one up :D. Aww thanks I don't know why I'm still rocking berry colours I really should get summery haha x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, it's the lazy girls solution to colour blocking haha it does all the hard work for me i do like it though River Island seem to be upping their game x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, aww thanks hun I think River Island seem to have lots of nice things in at the minute I love bright colours. They're so good aren't? I think the quality's really good for the price, I think I sometimes forget about New Look for jeans but I'm glad I rediscovered them x

Unknown said...

Thanks Heather :D and thanks for stopping by x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment :D x

Anna Scanlon said...

I love it. Is that braid your hair or is it a headband?

http://www.annainwonderland.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/TheAnnainWonderland

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Anna :D it's my own hair, I'm usually rubbish at doing plaits and getting them to hold (so many hair grips!) But I'm slowly getting there although part of me wants to buy one of those head band ones I bet they're easier haha x

Nnenna said...

I love your colorblock top- the colors go really nicely together! I don't know if you have this store in the UK, but I've really been loving my American Eagle jeans lately.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing <3

www.yourdoseofcoffee.com
xx,
lulu

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, I hear so much about American Eagle jeans and the quality wish we had them here in the UK it's so hard to find jeans that fit well :D. x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment/stopping by :D x

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig