20/05/2014

OOTD- Concrete Rose






I only have one rule when it comes to fashion boobs or legs, never both. However on this occasion the rules being broken (rules were made to be broken though right?) This Boohoo dress is a lot lower in the cleavage department than I originally envisioned. Boobs aside though I really do love this dress, it's so wearable, versatile and I just love the print/style.

Today marks the start of the Chelsea Flower show here in the UK so what better time to share my take on the floral trend, as lets face it the floral trend will always be 'in' and it's such a flattering print on all shapes and sizes. You can go all boho chick with flowers in your hair and although I love that look I love that this Boohoo dress is a little more on the edgy side. I think it looks perfect paired with these chunky boots from Misguided. I love mixing floral pieces with chunky boots or a leather jacket as I think the look still manages to look pretty and feminine but with a little edge.

My dress is from the Boohoo hyper floral collection, the shape is really flattering it hangs nicely. I do however think it should come with a warning the slightest bit of wind and pants will be on show (I experienced this first hand!) So make sure you wear your best pants ladies (or wear a little pair of shorts underneath.) It's super comfortable to wear and didn't feel too uncomfortable after a few pints (classy!)
I love Boohoo as I think they have super affordable pieces, the clothes always fit nicely and wash well. I like to think of Boohoo as a one stop destination for on trend affordable pieces (I recently made a rather large order there along with this dress…oops!)

So do you like my booties? I LOVE my Boots, they're from Misguided and they are just what I was after. I just love them, as they're suede there not very British weather appropriate, but I love the gold buckle detailing and chunky heel. The heels a comfortable height too, and for the price I just think they're a total bargain. I really didn't need more black boots (I have issues) but I do really like them.

Dress Boohoo Hyper Florals collection -£18 
Boots Misguided £40

Are you a fan of the floral trend? Do you like chunky boots all year around? How do you style your floral pieces?
SHARE:

20 comments

theinnervoiceandasoulwithstrength said...

Lovely pretty dress :) Cute outfit of the day!
Ava xox
http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

Rachel Reviews And Muse said...

Great post! What a gorgeous dress and at such a great price!! *Logs onto boohoo website*
thanks for sharing this very lovely OOTD
Rach xx
AllNaturalAspirations.com

Elena Bridges said...

I love your outfit so much Rinica especially those boots I do tend to wear chunky boots no matter what time of year it is cause the heel is more comfy to walk in <3 I cycled along there yesterday! the weather has been so good xx

EmmiHearts

Stephanie Roberts said...

Haha LOVE your rule.... I suppose I had that rule too and never thought about it. This is a great OOTD, that dress looks great on you. I love boohoo too, but in the USA it's not one of the most affordable places to go for similar styles.. So it's not always my first choice. That being said, I think I'm going to have a look on their site now, hahah.

Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva
www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

MITCH said...

I love your boots, so cute!

xx,
felishmichelle.blogspot.com

TheJulyRose said...

You look lovely here, your dress is gorgeous and those Boots....you already know how I feel about those! :)
Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

Unknown said...

I love your floral dress! <3
www.avasbeautyjournal.com

Imemily said...

your floral dress is beautiful ^^
I'm new visitor to your site.
would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
MY-Emily
Please, let me know! ;)
Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
(leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

Unknown said...

I love this dress, it's so fun and perfect for summer! you look gorgeous :) x
| Life as a Petite |
Bloglovin ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment :) I really do like this dress perfect for the sunny weather we've had :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, I know it's a bargain I got my student discount (although I'm not a student anymore sshhh) on top too so even more of a bargain :D glad you enjoyed the post…these OOTD posts are a bit new haha x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, they are aren't I just like boots all year around with dresses, really? it's perfect for a cycle though I haven't actually walked the Five weirs in ages! :) x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, I do love this dress perfect for summer as you say, I've been getting my wear out it lets hope the suns here to stay :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, glad you like the post :) I'll check out your blog x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment :D such a bargain from Boohoo and yes…I know there's a little love going on for the boots ;) I think I've overwork them I just love them! :) x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, and thanks sweetie think I've over worn the boots I just love them far to much x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment Stephanie, yeah haha it's just something I always do both seems too much. Really glad you like my outfit, ooh yes I'm guessing most things will be like $40 or something which isn't quite so affordable xx

Shelby said...

I think that this dress looks very flattering on you, even if it is breaking a little rule :D! I have been really interested in Boohoo for awhile now and always question if the quality is good since the prices seem so affordable.

-Shelby
http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment Shelby, aww thanks yeah rules well and truly broken ;). In all honesty most of the clothes I've had from Boohoo have always been great quality, they wash well, in fact some of the clothes have washed better than my clothes from Topshop/River Island! :) x

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig