11/05/2014

GARNIER Ultimate Blends- Dry/Frizzy Hair


I'll hold my hands up and admit that I'm a hair care floozy. Loyalty and haircare don't go hand in hand for me. With hair care I usually go cheap and cheerful this usually involves picking up whatever happens to be on offer in the supermarket or Boots. I know a lot of people believe that drugstore shampoos/conditioners strip the hair and have a high alcohol content (my hairdresser being one of them) but after trying lots of shampoo's and conditioners from more 'premium' brands I have to say the results were exactly the same as my drugstore alternatives. That being said I do love Ojon, but if you find something that works for you and it's cheaper why not?

The Ultimate Blends collection is a new addition to Garnier. The collection consists of six 'tailored blends' aimed at mid/long hair, dry/damaged, frizzy, dull, coloured or normal hair so no matter what your hair type there's a product for you. I've never tried Garnier hair care products before so I didn't really know what to expect, going in with an open mind I picked up the shampoo/conditioner for dry/frizzy hair as my hair does lean towards the dry side and frizz is an everyday battle. Priced at £3.89 for shampoo and £2.79 for conditioner the price is pretty affordable. Even better Tesco had both reduced to £1.50 when I purchased - if that's not a bargain I don't know what is!

I have to say I'm a huge fan of coconut (I love using raw coconut as a hair mask) and the shampoo and condition smell amazing. The first thing I noticed was how gorgeous these smelt, if you're a fan of the Palmers body butters this shampoo/conditioner are the equivalent. The shampoo is a gel texture and foams (similar to most shampoos) this did worry me a tad as I suffer from a dry itchy scalp and gel shampoos do have a tendency to strip my scalp and leave it a little irritated. I need not worry though as the shampoo worked really well, this cleaned my hair without stripping my scalp and just was a general pleasure to use.

The conditioner had a buttery creamy texture, I applied this through the ends of my hair avoiding my roots and left for 10 minutes. For me this was the stand out product as it made my hair really soft. After rinsing the conditioner out my hair was a lot more manageable and less tangly.

So lets be real as with all products the advert does exaggerate a little, frizz won't be a thing of the past with these products, and you most certainly won't be able to step outside in the rain and your hair remains sleek/frizz free. But I have to admit my hair felt softer, looked a little shiner and the end result was a little less frizzy and less static.

I'm enjoying using these two purse friendly products and I've enjoyed incorporating them into my everyday haircare routine.

Have you tried the new Garnier Ultimate Blends? What are your favourite drugstore hair products?
SHARE:

14 comments

Anonymous said...

I have taken a peek at these when in the Boots, and have considered purchasing - as I am going through about 6 different shampoos / conditioners right now my hair is just not happy! Really affordable to try and I love the honest review, great post, might just have to pick these up! Have a great sunday Rinica!

nlmorgan, lifestyle & beauty

Unknown said...

My fave cheap conditioners are the inecto pure coconut ones, they've recently released olive oil & Argan oil ones too! I'm not a big cheap shampoo fan though as I try to avoid sulfates as they irritate my scalp and I've not found a good sulfate free cheap shampoo yet :( but I tend to co-wash a lot anyway!

Vanityundone.co.uk

Sophia said...

I'm going to have to give these a try as I have a dry scalp as well. Great review!
xo Sophia
http://lipstickland.blogspot.com/

beautylovesbooks said...

They sound good. I am looking for a good shampoo! I am not sure we have it here though!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cheap little wonder! Xx

Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, Oh man I get like that too, I tend to buy lots when they're on offer but sometimes changing up my routine a lot doesn't leave my scalp happy. Thanks for stopping by glad you enjoyed the review :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, Oooh that's not a brand I've heard of I love coconut oil in hair products, olive oil and argan are meant to be really good too I'm defo going to check out this range. It's so hard right? I've been on the hunt for a good sulphate free shampoo for months, most from the drugstore that say 'sulphate free' do still contain some form of sulphate (just called something different) it's so misleading! x

Unknown said...

these sound good..i might have to give them a try. i am excited to smell them :)

www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed I have to be really careful what i use but these rodents worked really well :D x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment :( aww thats a shame x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, they sure are! Work really well I'm all for budget products when they perform well x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, they smell really good I was quite impressed first time I've tried any Garnier hair care products x

Anonymous said...

I have used this shampoo for a few weeks now. My hair looks greasy and my forehead has broken out in spots.

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, aww that's a shame! Sorry they didn't work for you, I have super thick hair so it takes a lot to make it greasy but I haven't found that with these products, perhaps your skin doesn't like an ingredient in these I know sulphates can sometimes cause breakouts if you have sensitive skin :)

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig