13/05/2014

#BloggersDoItBetter- Bright Lips




Okay, so it's become apparent over the past few weeks that I'm very much stuck in my autumnal make up (where lipsticks concerned) deep berry and plum shades seem to have graced my lips for the past few months. But it's time to say no to berry shades and welcome spring/summer with open arms. 

After raiding my stash I found an unopened Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang. Does anyone else do this? Buy bold bright shades only for them to remain unwrapped at the bottom of your makeup bag. I seem to have my comfort zone shades (berry) shades that are somewhere in between bright/bold and hide in the crowd, whereas pinks, reds and oranges are much louder shades. However I unwrapped swatched and wore this and I actually really like the colour. The formula in my opinion isn't quite spot on, things can get a little Miranda Sings but with a little practise I got my head around application. The lipsticks come with a doe foot applicator which I guess is supposed to make application easier, but actually makes things tricky and messy. Doe foot aside the this was super moisturising on the lips, super creamy and very buttery. Similar to the moisture renew lipsticks along with all this hydration comes a slippery messy lipstick. After trying lots of similar lip products I'm starting to think that matte formulas are the way to go where liquid lipsticks are concerned. All the negatives aside though the Apocalips range comes in a variety of shades, and they're super long lasting on the lips. However I did find that there was a lot of colour transfer when eating/drinking/breathing. 

However much I love this shade, I just find that this lipstick unlike other lipsticks in my collection requires a lot more maintenance. On a night out I like to apply my lipstick and leave reassured that they'll be no lipstick stained teeth situation but with this I was never too sure, and constant mirror checks did leave me looking a little vain. For me I think these require too much maintenance and although regular lipsticks aren't as long lasting I think I'll always be a regular lipstick kind of girl. Lipstick belongs in a bullet, lip gloss belongs in tube. Simples. 

Have you tried the Rimmel Apocalips? What are your favourite shades? Are you into brights or nudes?
SHARE:

12 comments

Unknown said...

Lovely lip colour, beautiful picture too! :D

http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

Unknown said...

I have two one; the colour galaxy I hate due to the grittiness of it, the other one I haven't tried yet as it's a super dark shade. Saving it for winter I guess! x

Taslima | The little things in life

Allison Schmidt said...

I love the Apocalips! Gorgeous pigmentation I've got the coral, red, and peachy nude ones

Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment/stopping by. I love the lip colour just rather disappointed in the formula :( and aww thanks I thought I'd get creative haha x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, ooh I can imagine it'll look nice in winter I just wish I loved the formula but they're definitely not what I expected :( x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, awww I wish I loved them as the colour range is really good I just couldn't quite get these to work for me :( x

beautylovesbooks said...

I just ordered one in the shade Luna. It is not here yet! I hope it is not too much of a nude! I am more of a bright lipstick kind of girl!

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, the shade range is so good I'm just not a fan of the formula at all :( hopefully you get on better than I did :D x

Shelby said...

A lot of beauty guru's on Youtube and Blogs raved about the Rimmel Apocalips liquid lipsticks but I am not sure if I am sold. I own the colour Out of this World which is a brighter pink but not too bright. I think the formula is a little eh.. and I also feel like something is missing. I find that it makes my lips a little tacky or dry when I rub them together and it doesn't really set but instead sits on top of the lips. Also I am not sure if it is just my tube but the lipstick kind of smells funky... The colour looks great but I just find that I don't wear it all that often.

-Shelby
http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, I can't agree more I picked this one up after hearing so many people rave about them but I was so disappointed with the formula I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't like them, I was beginning to wonder if it was me haha! I agree with the smell too, and they don't dry matte I just wasn't impressed at all love the colour not a fan of the formula I'm yet to find a liquid lipstick I do like! :( x

Helen C said...

Great post and photos! I love matt lipsticks because they have more staying power. I rarely wear lipglosses and glossy lipsticks too much maintenance like you mentioned! :-) xx

Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, I defo agree I think matte formulas seem to work better not really a fan of the glossy slippy formula with how pigmented they are it doesn't seem to work :) yeah too much touching up throughout the day plus lipstick on teeth look not good :/ x

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig