02/03/2014

Tanya Burr Lips and Nails



January saw the launch of Tanya Burr's lips and nails collection. There's quite a few reviews knocking about in the blogosphere but I thought I'd add a contribution and give a nod to the collection. 

Tanya Burr...where to start, she seems such a genuine, enthusiastic, down to earth girl who truly appreciates her followers. It's clear to see how hard Tanya's worked to gain her army of followers, I don't do Youtube but I can appreciate the time and effort that probably goes into creating and editing content so it's nice to see hard work rewarded. When I first heard about the Tanya Burr nails and lip collection I was a little dubious, in all honesty I thought the products were going to be a teeny tiny bit gimmicky and tacky (as I find most celeb collections are) however I was 100% wrong *waves white flag*

The product packaging is sleek and expensive looking very NARS esque, fortunately though your purse need not weep all of the products are super affordable and accessible. The Tanya Burr line is stocked on Feel Unique and Superdrug. My biggest praise for the line is how universal all the shades are, they'll suit and flatter all skin tones which is really nice to see. There really is something for everyone.

In the lip glosses you have your nudes, pinks, and reds. All of the lip glosses have cute, quirky names (I prefer this too numbered products) I went for 'Aurora' (not just for the name I promise) this pinky shade is like nothing in my collection and has slowly become an everyday staple for me. The lip glosses are super pigmented, super glossy but not at all sticky. The texture is super creamy, and I'm super impressed with longevity. Okay, so no lip gloss is going to stay a full day but I applied at 10.30 and come 12 I still had faint colour from the lip gloss left on my lips which for a lip gloss in my opinion is pretty impressive. Although this looks a pretty natural colour on myself, this may appear much pinker on paler skin tones. Oh, and how could I forget this smells amazing like strawberries and cream! Super yum.

Onto nails, I picked up the shade 'Bright and early' (next on the wishlist 'Little duck') I was impressed, two coats and the colour was totally opaque. The finish is glossy, and streak free. With a top coat this lasted around 5 days chip free pretty standard with most polishes. I think this colour would be perfect in summer, and really flatters my darker skin tone. 

The lip glosses retail at £6.99 and the polishes are £5.99, super affordable. Will you be trying anything from the Tanya Burr line? If you have already which shades are your favourites?  
SHARE:

14 comments

Anonymous said...

I really should stop reading posts about her line..I'm only making myself more disappointed with the fact that I can't get any of it in the US! :( Great post though! Love that nail polish color!

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

beautylovesbooks said...

I bought Just peachy, Picnic in the park and Smile, dream, sparkle. They smell amazing. The nail polish looks really pretty, too bad they don't ship nail polishes outside of UK.

Anonymous said...

Really want to try out the lipgloss, it sounds so dreamy! I'm always skeptical incase they're sticky or tacky but this sounds great, and it's a beautiful colour too. I must look more into her range!x

Kathryn | effievanity

Unknown said...

Everyone is LOVING those Tanya Burr products - I wish they were here in the US too!

Brittnee
http://beautyproductaday.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, oh no I originally wrote this post thinking that Feel Unique offered free worldwide shopping but this MIT exclude America :( it must just be EU countries awww that sucks, if the range is anything like the RT brushes it won't be long before they hit the states I reckon ;) x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, I think everyone loves them because the range is super wearable especially the lip glosses awww I thought they were available in the US, with the success she's having I can imagine it won't be long though xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, aww that sucks I thought Feel unique was everywhere in the EU the polishes are pretty good too, not much different then Essie though which are only a few pound more (I love Essie!) x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, they smell really nice too I think all the shades seem super wearable, and you don't get that hair stuck to lips thing (that hate!) x

Anine said...

I've been wanting to try the glosses forever now, but I am so picky with lip gloss that I don't dare to haha!
xx Anine

redlipsandbeautybits.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment, go for it :D in all honesty I'm really not the biggest fan of lip gloss (hair stuck to lips situation is just a faff!) but these aren't sticky or tacky in the slightest I'm impressed x

Unknown said...

Love this post!! Tanya Burr is a favourite of mine :D x

abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, I really like her I always think she's so enthusiastic in all her videos too, love her range :D x

Unknown said...

I have contemplated buying some of her products but I was so scared they would feel cheap. This review really helped :) I love the nail polish color. I might just have to look into buying some of her products now

Unknown said...

Thanks for comment sweetie, I totally thought the same as most like celeb launches are kinda tacky plusI'm not usually a gloss fan but I don't find them sticky at all, and the polish was opaque in two coats and lasted awhile :) x

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig